TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have A sanyo tv that does not light up so I changed the

Customer Question
psu but no help so...
I have A sanyo tv that does not light up so I changed the psu but no help so I changed the inverter bd. but no fix also I disconnected the t-con bd. didn't help could this be a bad e-prom in main board. Oh at times trying power it up it may flicker on just instantly then go dark. Thanks Larry
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/27/2016
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sounds very much like a short that is pulling down the power supply, esp. if the picture forms and shows on the screen for just a second, when powering the TV to On, before it goes black. Is that how it has behaved, even through the parts changes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It doesn't do it every time the power button is pushed but keep pushing the power on button it may flicker instantly one time but at fist time powering on I can hear 4 low pops from speakers.

Does the power light ever blink on and off? if so, count the number of blinks before it pauses and then repeats the blink pattern, please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The green light stay on until it turned off also there is 24v to the inverter board and it stayes on until tv is turned off.

Do you have a service manual for this brand of TV?

It might cost a little -or it might be free, perhaps, if you're lucky - but it would save some money in boards swapped in that turn out not to fix the problem. It would contain troubleshooting information. Diagrams, part numbers, that sort of thing.

Would you like for me to seek a service manual source for this model line of Sanyo TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would. Thanks

OK. Expect another posting within the next 30 minutes with some results, I hope...

I am terribly sorry - other work appears to have distracted me from posting to this case again.

I must apologize.

Here is a service manual - to not go through it online page-by-page, use the green DOWNLOAD button at the upper left:

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/911464/Sanyo-Vizon-Dp37647.html

If I may provide further advice, let me know.

Louie, Technician