TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I get rid of closed captions on my LG TV?....

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/23/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite or antenna/cable ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cable Box
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Xfinity

O.k then the cable box will be the one that controls the closed caption so that is where you need to look .

Now depending on the box model and the cable company , it is not always obvious where that is , unlike tv`s , there are no CC or caption button on the remote and that will be in the user menu or even the hidden menu .

Can you give me the cable box name/model and your cable company`s name ?

Never mind the last question , just saw xfinity but the cable box name and model would come in handy , for example Motorola explorer 4250HD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
XiD-P xfinity.com/x1

Try this ;

Turn off the cable box and within 5 secs press the MENU/SETTINGS button on the remote , this may open a different menu with various items including "closed captions" , scroll down to it and set it to " disabled " then turn the cable box back on

Let me know how that goes

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

If that doesn`t do it then click the link below and tell me which cable box you have ;

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/cable-box-user-manuals/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Couldn't get Menu set up....

O.k then press the MENU button and look for SETUP then CLOSED CAPTION SETUP and turn it off there if you can find it , otherwise do look at that link and tell me which box you have

Here is something else ;

On the X1 remote press the down arrow twice and once the bar appear press OK to turn the captions ON or OFF

Here is another way of doing that ;

Press the Xfinity button and select SETTINGS (gear icon) and open this (press OK ) then select Accessibility Settings and open that , you will see "closed captioning " in there , turn it off .

Now that procedure is direct from Comcast and for the X1 that you said you had

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician