Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Panasonic Television LCD/TV TC-L32X2. I have

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Television LCD/TV TC-L32X2. I have connected the T/V digital audio output to my separate audio amplifier/sound system via a digital to analog audio converter. How do I activate this port so that the T/V audio is played on my sound system
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

How do you get your tv channels ?

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

As you saw my questions and seem to be unavailable to reply ,I will step out for a bit , just send me your answer and I`ll get back to you ASAP

Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

I`m back and by the way , at some point you will receive a phone offer , it is auto generated by the website , not me and you can decline or accept it if you`d rather do this on the phone , let me know .

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I would prefer the written answer.
Sal
Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

Told you that you could simply decline .

How about my questions now ?

Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

I take it that your sound system does not have optical input and that is why you bought this converter ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I get my channels from Comcast Cable.
Connections;
Panasonic DVD player
Chrome-Castreceiver ( Play IPOD on TV
Comcast Xfinity Cable Box
Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

O.k then right now I would have a test for you ;

First we need to make sure this converter works by connecting it to a source we are sure has sound .

Reason for this is that it is not clear at all if your tv will give sound out of that optical port when playing anything else but its own tuner , in other words receives the channels through an antenna for example.

So what you need to do now for a test is to connect that optical cable directly into the Comcast optical out and see if you get sound there .

By the way , make sure that the protective tips are removed on the optical cable

Let me know how that goes and we`ll take it from there

Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

Got anything out of the cable box ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
S/PDIF Optical digital cable connected to T/VAudio Out port cannot connect to Comcast Infinity Cable Box port.
Sound system worked when previously connected to Computer audio out.
Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

That cable box has an optical out but you are saying that this same optical cable and converter worked out of the computer ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, only the converter out cable, amplifier and speakers were previously connected to my computer.
Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

So you never tested that converter ,is that correct ?

If you can`t find the optical port on the Comcast box then does your dvd player have one ?

Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

You need to test that converter on a known working source or you may end up chasing your tail .

Tv can be difficult when it comes to the optical port and those converter are cheap so anything can happen