Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Can I hard reset my panasonic plasma tv without

Customer Question

Can I hard reset my panasonic plasma tv without thexpectation remote?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: About 3 yrs old. TH-P50X50Z plasma
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Basically just unplugging it
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: So I'm just getting a half screen picture right side of the screen is blank
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Is the right side screen has light and missing picture?

- Does menu graphics or any display appear on blank part of screen?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi so the right side of my screen started to flicker different color lines then went black and has been for a while, I have tried unplugging but when I turn it back on it is still black on one side
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

I'm afraid it is hardware related failure occurred in TV and any reset won't help to fix it, in fact you would need to replace defective board in TV to get it fixed. It seems either logic control board or buffer board in TV has got defective and replacement of bad board will cure the issue.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.