Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our Samsung flat sceen tv lost its' video, but still has

Customer Question

our Samsung flat sceen tv lost its' video, but still has its' audio. I have tried changing to another HDMI cable, which is connected to the dish dvr. but to no avail. I've chaecked all of the connections and even connected to another Samsung flat screen tv, but to no avail. Can you please help?
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I believe it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: we have had it for about a little over two years and as I have mentioned before...I changed the HDMI cable, which ie connected to the Dish network DVR; i changed to another Samsung flat screen tv, but to no avail! I even checked the outside antenna. but there was no problem there. The tv has audio, but no video.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: not yet.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have no watchable tv
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Can you give me the complete model number of the tv?
Can you see the samsung menu screens at all?
If you hold a flashlight to the screen, can you make out any images that way?