TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My vision TV won't power on, Vizio, E5oob1, No

Customer Question
My vision TV won't power...
My vision TV won't power on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Vizio
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: E5oob1
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/22/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Is the power LED on or blinking or?

-What is the age of the tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The light comes on for a few seconds. Then fades out. The set is about 5 years old
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The tv turned on earlier in the day and now it won't
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We tried unplugging the set
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now the light doesn't come on at all

I was just going to suggest unplugging it....

So at this point the tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. I can help you with that but with these symptoms, DIY diagnosis is going to be very complex. If you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop will end up costing almost as much as a new 50" tv. Just an in home diagnosis is usually at least $100 up front.

I'm sorry for the bad news. I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but at least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times. You saved a lot of time and money by coming here first.

Remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Unless there is something else you can think of, please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician