TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The audio on my TV is locked to the #2 channel on every

Customer Question
channel. Eg. 11-1 gets us...
The audio on my TV is locked to the #2 channel on every channel. Eg. 11-1 gets us 11-1 video, but 11-2 audio. ditto for 13, 15, 21 act
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/20/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ready

Can you give me a minute please ?

Thank you

Its obvious you are on antenna but is this new , like you are setting this up now or was working fine and started this ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do not want to cal was working fine yesterday. Been up for a yeas no problems before. Wife turned on tv this am and told me problem was there

if you received a phone offer it was automated from the web site ,not from me

Can you give me the full model number or look on the remote for a button called SAP or MTS ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Found MTS ON THE REMOTE, when I push it it just asks me English or Spanish, English is highlited

O.k and within that MTS there is no SAP option ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

How did you find the sound on a different frequency anyway ?

You punched in the .2 number manually ?

Rescan your channels , something happened with the tuner and may be this will clear by refreshing the channels list

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No used remote. Was on 21-2 last night when we retire? Wife used channel down button to go to 13-1. Got 13-1 video, but 13-2 audio.

so you just pressed the channel up/down buttons and it will go from picture alone to sound alone ??

This is getting even better

Now is time to rescan your channel

If that doesn`t do it then something went wrong with your tuner , there are no functions that can move the main audio to another frequency .

I was asking if you had the SAP (second audio program) as those use a side frequency for other languages , yours has it in the MTS

If your tuner doesn`t come back to normal then I have a workaround for this , let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No,, when going from 21-2 to 13-1 the tv gives us 13 -1 video and 13-2 audio. Same with 15,11,33 act. Did the rescan

O.k then that's it , as I said I know of no functions that will move your main audio to a separate frequency , just the alternate audio when available.

So here is my fix on this beside replacing your TV's main board ;

Click the link below and you will see a tuner/converter box with HDMI out that sells for $35 and it even records ;

https://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Multi-Function-Converter-Recording-Playback/dp/B00GOILYB6

Comes with its own remote as well and will connect between the TV's HDMI in and the antenna

If you`d rather look into replacing your main board then let me have the full model and version number of your tv and I will find it for you

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Just saw your other post and will close it as duplicate

Questions on this ?

.

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician