TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN 2 red and orange light blinking on

Customer Question
JVC DLA X55 projector?...
WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN 2 red and orange light blinking on JVC DLA X55 projector?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/20/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

First one , can you confirm we are talking about the X55R and not the X550R ?

Which 2 lights are blinking orange and red , the warning and lamp or standby/on and lamp ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
DLA X55

thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The two lights on the end are red and the one in the middle is orange

O.k and do they blink a numberr of times and pause , for example 4 blinks , pause , 4 blinks and so on ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When trying to power on the projector, it initially goes to green but no picture is shown. Then seconds later the 3 lights appear.

yes but you said that 2 of them were blinking .

Is there a blink count between pauses

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the 2 red lights on the end do not blink, the orange light in the middle blinks continuously with no picture showing.

O.k then did you remove or replaced the lamp lately ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no i haven't

O.k then it simply means your lamp has failed .

Did you ever replace it ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No i haven't replaced it? but shouldn't there have been a warning to replace the lamp?

Not always , they often fail before the warning appears .

That warning goes by the hours its been working , doesn`t mean your lamp is not going to bust before it does.

The code you have now indicates a lamp not properly install or lamp cover open but that is when you replace the lamp hence my asking if you did so , otherwise the only other option would be a defective lamp , not used up but defective .

You could try to remove it and re-install it securely to see if that will do it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do I do that?

Normally those lamps cost some $300 but if you just want to give it a try then here is one at $40 ;

http://www.lampspros.com/jvc-rs1-projector-lamp.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw_9-9BRCqpZeZhLeOg68BEiQAOviWAkjWVueZ2cy5oMawc90ru693IEpMa4vaqaDBgOJmRhkaAseO8P8HAQ

Here is a link where you can get a list of better lamp supplier ;

http://www.projectorcentral.com/JVC-lamp-suppliers.htm

Lamp replacement procedure in your manual on pages 65 and on , click this link for the manual ;

http://books.jvc.com/Download/942447079/PC023482699.pdf

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician