TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My LG plasma 60" TV is flickering. I Can still see the image

Customer Question
My LG plasma 60" TV...
My LG plasma 60" TV is flickering. I Can still see the image as if the TV were operating normally on all channels, but it flickers. What part do I need to fix it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/18/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

If you use another input like a DVD player for example does it do the same?you still get the flicker effect?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't try a DVD player, but my son plays Xbox and it still flickers with the Xbox.

Yes the Xbox is good enough for the check

OK what steps have you taken so far for this?it will just save me going over old ground if you have taken steps

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't done anything except unplug the TV and plug it back in.

OK most suspect at this point is the power-board additionally these sets suffer from bad capacitors on the power-board so these will need to be visually examined first , so that means the back of the set coming off power-cord traced to the power-board and your examining devices like these <<click

Look for leaking\ballooning \raised domed tops on each one individually and let me know please

Athony

We then move on from that point

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't see any domed pieces.

OK you should replace the power-board, get the part-number found on the board itself on a stiky label or etched on the board and usig the part-number only go to www.shopjimmy.com <<click, if they do not have it google the part-number.

Just as an inform you need to use the part-number because there may be upto 5 different boards in the same model set all not compatable with one another

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I saw two of the larger cylinders in the middle that are very slightly domed, but nothing like in the pics on the link you sent.

No they are domed anyhow, it was just a check and does not change diagnosis please replace the board its unstable

Thanks

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Which board is the power board? There are several boards on the TV.

The board you have just examined the capacitors on?trace the power-cord to the powerboard

Can you see it please?

You simply unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis its the reverse to fit this board

Anthony

Do you need any more help please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I'm good. So just remove the board in the middle of the TV where the power cord comes into?

Yes that is it but please make sure you order by partnumber only for this set

If you need more help remember question is open for 30 days so bookmark this page do not open any new questions for this issue.

A positive rating is appreciated this will enable me to receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** of stars is at the top of the page

Thanks again

Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just to be clear before I order the part, my TV flashes or flickers, but I can still see the TV show that is playing via Direct TV or Xbox. You say order a new power board? Is there a way for me to take a picture of the back of the TV and send it to you so you can tell me exactly which part is the power board?

I am not sure what you mean by that?do you mean the picture is not affected?

You can send me a pic using the paperclip on your toolbar the powerboard is traceable by simply following the power-cord to it its about 10 inches by 10 inches

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can still see the picture or whatever TV show is on, but the screen flashes.

Yes that is a fault many faults you can still see the pic

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can see the picture, but it flashes. Do I still replace the powerboard?

Yes you need to do that the problem is very likely to be poor regulation

Make sure you have followed what I have said about part-number etc so far

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I'll try it. Thanks.

Your Welcome

Please remember to rate this answer and info with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page , rating will not close the question but allows me to receive credit fro the site question will remain open for a further 30 days

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician