TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a pioneer pdp 5071. Will not turn on. Blue light

Customer Question
flashes 12 times JA: Can you...
I have a pioneer pdp 5071. Will not turn on. Blue light flashes 12 times
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: PDP 5071 PU. ITS ABOUT 10 years old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Cost
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/18/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
let's begin
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello are you there

OK, give me 5 minutes please, get back with you shortly.

Sorry about delay, is there any media receiver also hooked to TV?

Also, is the blue light flashing on TV or media receiver?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On tv. Dish box disconnected
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello

OK, have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, rpelug back in, turn them ON and check if blue light still flashing on TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Blue does not flash. Is that it or other issues. Cuz I have done this before and blue light still flashed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I get resonse
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Response??

I'm working on your TV issue, give me few minutes while I check related manuals for troubleshooting purpose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Blue light is blinking again. It says "starting up plasma"

Just to confirm, is the blue light flashing 10 times, pauses and again blinks 10 times?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Starting up. Please wait. Plasma display

I understand, please check the blue light on TV, does it blink 10 times as well as you mentioned in opening statement of question?
That blue light is presenting an error code and number of times of flashing will tell problem section in TV.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I turn tv on now it says the above statement. Then blinks 12 times. Stops and blinks 12 again and repeats.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What you asked but 12 times.

OK, thanks.

Working on 12 times error code, give me 5 minutes please.

OK, the error code (flashing blue light 12 times) indicates communication error with D-Tuner mounted on main board, main controller chip isn't getting feedback signals from digital tuner box mounted on main board thus goes to protection mode and present error code of trouble. You would need to replace main board of TV to resolve the problem. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician