TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have an LG 47LH85 and had to get a new wireless media box

Customer Question
for it. i got a...
i have an LG 47LH85 and had to get a new wireless media box for it. i got a replacement ASW1000 and now the tv just continually says 'Connecting to the Media-Box. Please Wait.' and it never actually connects.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: not leaving it unplugged, no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: followed the manual, also changed inputs on the tv to try to get it to aquire the media box
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: it is not the original media box that came with the tv.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/17/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

Has the TV been paired with the new wireless media box?

Have you tried restarting all equipment, including your wireless router?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure how to get the tv to pair with the new media box. The manual seems to not really say too much but it might do it automatically... Right now without being able to connect to the media box, the only menu on the tv is picture and sound options. And my router doesnt have anything to do with this tv and box. They are just supposed to connect to each other alone.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I left the media box and tv unplugged all night though.

Ok, what type of cable are you using to connect to the media box?

Can you see any other model numbers on the media box?

(ASW1000 is a subwoofer)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The ASW1000 is an older model LG media box that came packaged with the LH85 tvs. It actually connects wirelessly to the tv so the only cable would be the power cable for the box itself and then the AV and hdmi cables from my game systems and pc into the box. There are no physical lines between the box and tv right now though. Could there be a specific port on the box that connects it to the tv to pair them together? It doesn't say anything about that in the manuals. I attached a photo of the info sticker on the bottom of the media box.

Please confirm the model number of the wireless media box - is it AN-WL100W?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, the AN is the newer model. The sticker on the box and the original manual both say it is ASW1000.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ASW1000-UA

Ok, I am more familiar with the newer models.

Did your replacement box come with a separate wireless dongle receiver which connects to the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it only came with it's power cord

Ok, it is unlikely to work with your existing wireless receiver.

Where did you get it from?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got it from ebay because it was the only place I could find the same model as the original media box that came with the tv.

Could you contact the seller to see if they still have the receiver?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The reciever would be built into the tv... When I bought the tv originally, they were packaged together and it didnt come with a separate reciever. Just the tv, the media box, a remote and the two power cords. Could they have been permanently paired to a single tv?

Yes, each media box will be paired to a TV or wireless dongle receiver;

if they weren't then you couldn't operate two of the same TVs nearby each other.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ahhh, true... I asked the seller and they haven't responded yet... The posting said they had the same tv as I do though, and mine didnt have a dongle of any kind...

Ok, let me know when you hear back from them - I expect they sold the media box intending it to be used for spares or such.

Pete, Electronic Engineer