Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I only have a blue screen. Two days, I unplugged the tv then

Customer Question

I only have a blue screen.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Two days
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I unplugged the tv then the cable. Replugged the tv and waited one full minute and plugged in the cable box. Still blue screen. I checked all connections on the back of the cable box. My input works and is set on Hdmt 1. When I try to change the channel, it flashes invalid.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: Visio
Vizio
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That is all. Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What is the model number off of the back of the Vizio?

2) Roughly how old is the set and when did the issue occur?

3) What do you mean here: "My input works and is set on Hdmt 1"? Are you saying there's a blue screen here on this Input? Or is your cable a different Input besides your Main Input?

Please elaborate.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Blue screen on HDMI 1
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Okay, and your cable box is plugged into HDMI 1, correct?

Have you pulled the power cord out of the cable box for a few seconds and plugged back in to reboot it?

Also can you see the channel numbers change on your screen when you change the channel?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have pulled the cords and Replugged them.No channel number is ***** the blue screen, only on the cable box.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Okay, you need to determine whether your cable box or your TV is the root cause of the issue.

Shut the TV off and plug the HDMI cable into HDMI 2 on the TV, then turn the TV on and select HDMI 2. Do you have the same problem?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Now screen says one moment please ref code SOaOO
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My iPad is about to run down
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

That is a message generated by your cable box, which means it is "trying" to reboot. Did you have some storms or a power outage just before this?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I don't know anything about an Ipad, as I've never used one, but I assume you're saying you will be logging off. Well, if the cable box still does not bootup then contact your cable company and have them send you another box- as it would appear this one is no longer functioning. But it would appear this one is rebooting right now.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am back. How long does it take to reboot?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My cable box says hunt
Ten the channel selected flashes
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

if the cable box still does not bootup then contact your cable company and have them send you another box- as it would appear this one is no longer functioning. But it would appear this one is rebooting right now.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

This sounds like a bad cable box. Do you need further assistance with this?