Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My LED LCH RCA TV is having problems. After the TV is on for

Customer Question

My LED LCH RCA TV is having problems. After the TV is on for about a hour or less the TV goes black. No picture or sound. I've tried the unplugging the TV from the outlet and pressing the on /off button on the TV for 30 second and then replugging the TV. Then use the TV remote and turn it on. It does come on but after it's been on for 1hour or less it all goes black again. What can I do now? Can I fix it myself?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

1) What is the full model number off of the back of the TV?

2) When the screen and sound go out, if you press MENU or Input/Source on the RCA remote, will these indicators show on screen?

3) When the AV go out does the screen stay "backlight" (meaning slightly lighter than if the set were off)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need assistance with this?