TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I unlock the parental control on my proscan 32" led

Customer Question
tv mod#PLDED3273A-E JA: Can you guesstimate...
How do I unlock the parental control on my proscan 32" led tv mod#PLDED3273A-E
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Proscan is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 2.5-3 years Model No. PLDED3273A-E
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: in the past, I go to the menu choose channels run auto scan and am ok
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: This time I find my tv is locked.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/15/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What exactly do you see on your screen right now?

2) Why do you have to keep running channel scans- is your set continuously losing channels?

3) How do you receive broadcasts on the set now- is there a cable box, SAT box, or HDTV antenna connected?

Please elaborate and we can proceed.

Or, if you're seeing LOCKED on any of the MENU's, then you need to enter the parental code to unlock it. Per Pro Scan: Note: If you forget your password, you can use “8899” to enter any menu locked. So try that and let me know how it works out.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

This is also outlined on page 22 of the manual at the link below:

http://download.sears.com/own/spin_prod_731007112.PDF

Aric, Technician