TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a sharp aquos 55 inch and the tv keeps turning on and

Customer Question
off on its own, I've...
I have a sharp aquos 55 inch and the tv keeps turning on and off on its own, I've tried the factory reset with the buttons but it doesn't respond. Please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/15/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Would it be possible for you to get me the model number found on the back of the set please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
LC-55LE653U

OK the chevron light in the front of the set is it blinking?

When it switches off that is?or does it just drop to standby OFF?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
only when the tv is turning off and on thoughp
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now it's just stuck on a blank black screen. That won't take any command

Is the set connected to the internet?

OK but you do for sure see the light on the front of the set go off or blink?because that will imply the set is at fault and eliminate any box you may be using

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah it blinks off and back on only when the tv is turning off and back on

How old is the set now please?

Is there any warranty with the set?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well I bought it from Best Buy earlier this year as an open box set they had on the floor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't buy a warranty thru Best Buy.. So maybe a one year warranty thru sharp just depending on how they honor their warranties

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTV/Models/LC55LE653U.aspx <<click

Most suspect is bad firmware if you click the link above and drop half way down page teh firmware itself and the guide is there ahowever it should have updated itself over the internet but check it out anyhow to make sure you have the latest version of firmware , if that angle is covered then I suggest you exercise what warranty you have as they will swap the main-board, if you run into red tape let me know and we will discuss if you can do this yourself, outside of that if you are not comfortable with that you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days so bookmark this page

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I check if the firmware is bad if I can't use the tv now?

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTV/Models/LC55LE653U.aspx

The set is ON and OFF?you will need to check when the set is ON and running, if the set is now none operational then the main-board will need to be replaced , frustrating but thats the way it is I am afraid hopefully you have warranty and the warranty covers you here

If they do not cover you for whatever reason then the only option is to replace mainboard yourself

Please though do make sure its the TV going off itself and not the box that will starve the set of a signal and you will get it going black and no sound similar to what you are experiencing

Do you need more help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm still kind of confused on what my actual issue is

OK what is the exact status of the set now?is it working\ or not working at all\ or working sometimes then not working?

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician