TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Samsung plasma pn51e7000. No picture and no sound.

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/13/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ready
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Text is ok if needed

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Light on in front. No clicking. Responds to remote the light that is. No sound. Have back open have been trying to tech out which board is bad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Control board has a 5 second on 2 second off pattern.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unplugged each board and restarted tv with no response. Single click on ps when turned on as normal. Used multimeter to check voltage pins for ps. Seem to match what listed on the board

No schematic , nor service manual nor any help of any kind from Samsung on those TV's so you have to break out the multimeter and troubleshoot with experience

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What are you saying exactly.

Do you have a voltmeter and more to the point , do you know how to use it ?

I`m saying that this will require troubleshooting

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a voltmeter that is supposed to configure automatically to type of voltage. However not extremely experienced with it. No dummy either

give me a few minutes please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok sorry my screen did not update did not know you replied
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that is it

The website does not refresh the page , you have to look down to the last line .

That is it ??

Did you see what I wrote on it ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yup. Do I ground the negative on the metal case and possibly on the point correct

Yes the TV's chassis is the ground reference

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Vs reading at. 10.71 Dc. Volts
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just beeping from meter at va
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?

O.k and I assume that is with the tv power ON ?

Sorry bit i did tell you at first it could take time between replies

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now vs 10.7. Va 2.1. I assume tv is on as light on control board is on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Blinking as I described before

If you have no voltage or worse low voltage there when you press the power button then your $24 power board is defective , here is where you can get it ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00511a-power-supply-unit.htm

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ordered the part. No way of knowing anything until it comes in. Will happily rate as excellent then. Thank you.

Your power board has low voltage , that tells me it is defective .

If it had zero voltage there i would`ve said then perhaps it is not being switched on but now it is and does not supply its voltage .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician