Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

65eg9600 wont come on. Replaced all four boards with ebay

Customer Question

65eg9600 wont come on. Replaced all four boards with ebay boards, no change. If you push power button, nothing happens. If you push power on the remote, the power light flashes 30 times. Standby power exists on the power board, ac detect does not. Jumping the optocoupler for ac detect will power up ac detect, but it still will not turn on. Not sure if its time to give up.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Karl,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I dont see anything resembling an answer
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the response is hi karl, only. is this it?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for replying back to me. You were offline when I responded earlier.

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Approximately how old is the TV?

Did it suffer any damage from a power outage or thunderstorm?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't see an answer, do you have one for me?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I need more information:

Approximately how old is the TV?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not that I know of. Tv 6 months old
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Are there any signs of life at all on the TV ("click" sound when power is pressed, or click when power is unplugged, then plugged back in)?

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Can you see any light on the power supply board?

Do you have a voltmeter available to test the power supply board?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No click from the relay unless I jump power from standby to power on on the main power board, then relay comes on and main power board powers up all points correctly, still tv will not come on.no change, ac detect remains dead, and jumping standby to that also still dosen't come on.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Try the following power reset:

Ddisconnect the TV from AC power supply, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 20 seconds. After another minute, plug the set back in and press power once. Let me know if it turns on?

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

If it still won't come on then you should return it to the retailer or contact LG directly to make a claim under the 2 year warranty: http://www.lg.com/us/commercial/display/pdf/2013%20LG%20Commercial%20Monitor%202%20Year%20Warranty.pdf

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have done that before, and no it dosen't come on. I had stated that I have replaced all four circuit boards with ebay boards, and still no luck. I need technical info on the powerboard readings I think
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

As the TV is only 6 months old, your best and cheapest option is to

return it to the retailer or contact LG directly to make a claim under the 2 year warranty:http://www.lg.com/us/commercial/display/pdf/2013%20LG%20Commercial%20Monitor%202%20Year%20Warranty.pdf

--------------------
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I knew that part, but that can not happen, as I live on an island in Alaska, and there is no repair here at all. My only option is to repair it myself, so I am looking for a tv techinition to help me thru some technical issues. Are you a techinition? as I know what you have said so far myself. I only agreed to pay for this help based on the fact that ai would be communicating with atv techinition. Karl
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Let me check with the other techs if they have any idea on how to proceed...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The power board has no light on it, there isn't one to come on. Yes I have a voltmeter and am a advanced amature with electronics. Given some info I can do this
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
far iI have not come close to any answer, so would be very dissapointed to have paid for this
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I am a TV tech. with 40 years experience .

Firs thing that (somehow was overlooked) i will ask is the correct model number on this tv and then depending on the info i can get i will see how i can help you ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

You can also give me the boards part numbers ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
model 65eg9600. boards, EAY63769102 main power board, EAY63769101 first power board , EBT63736503 main board, v6870c-0578a4203b t-con board
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Sorry but I get zero info on this model , (too recent I guess ) and I will opt out as well

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks jack, I appreciate people who can say,"I don't know"