GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Can only receive regular TV. Amazon, Netflix.... are not

Customer Question

can only receive regular TV . Amazon, Netflix.... are not acessable. I am being asked for my WPA Passphrase which I don't seem to have.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , i will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am ready
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I take it that you are at the wireless setup on your tv ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then that wpa password ***** ***** one entered in your routerand all your equipment like tablet , PC`s etc, or anything that use the wifi use this password ***** now do you know what that is ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Was your router set by the cable company or you bought your own ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you have a cable company router then usually it will be written on a sticker on it or you may also have an auto connect button on the router

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable Co.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Look on the router for a sticker with a password ***** either wpa or wps

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps wpa2 as well

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Your cable company will have given you that password ***** but as I said normally it will be written on the router

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

By the way , if your tv is not far from the router then an Ethernet cat5 or cat6 cable would let you connect without that password

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me try
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

No problem , the password ***** is only for wifi (over the air) so your neighbor won`t get into your network for example but a wired connection doesn`t require that.

By the way , you will see only the wired connection in the network setup menu now once that cable is connected

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If it works and you can keep it like that then great , you will get a much better streaming speed with a wired connection .

Otherwise you will have to contact the cable company if you cannot find your router`s password.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Any questions on this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still trying. It says"unable to connect. The Cable Co. told me that has strictly to do with vizio
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

That password ***** ***** vizio its standard for wifi

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

your router has a password ***** you need it to connect , that is a normal setup , just get your password ***** them or look on the router for a sticker that may have it

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did you try the wired connection ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's just forget about it
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I gave you the answers you requested , you have all the info on how to do this but I cannot do it for you so now please use the rating system positively so I get compensated for my time with you .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Thank you and dont forget to SUBMIT after rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help, something else must going on . Will need someone to come to take a look at it.
Thanks for trying!!
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I did not try i performed , you need the router password ***** your cable cmpany , thats NOT something else thats the password ***** need and that I cannot give you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have that but it will not work. Thanks for your performance.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Good morning!My name is***** would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I'm sorry that you haven't gotten what you needed yet. If you have a computer that is connected to your wireless router, I can retrieve the password ***** you by remotely connecting to that computer. Since you've already quite a bit of time and money on this I've sent a much than usual offer for SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE which will allow me to connect and get the password. Just accept if you would like for me to proceed. Please keep in mind though that I can only do this on a computer that is connected WIRELESSLY.