TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The timer has malfuctioned and will not turn the power on,

Customer Question
The timer has malfuctioned and...
The timer has malfuctioned and will not turn the power on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Emerson LF501EMSF
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing the power will not come on and a beeping sound is coming from it
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I un pluged it too and nothing
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/12/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Jack

Hello , a few questions coming up

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?
Any electrical storm or power blackout in your area prior to this ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think my son may have turned it off wrong last night. i found it this way today
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No power outage

O.k then I doubt very much this has anything to do with the sleep timer or how it was turned off , it may have simply failed .

You said something about a beeping sound ?

Is it continuous or stops at some point or only when you press the power button etc. ?

Are talking about a squealing from inside ?

How about the power light at the front , is it on , does it blink ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Continuos none stop
No just beeping
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No light in front

These models have problems with their power board and it certainly look like that now , that beeping is more than likely coming from it

Give me a couple of minutes for the details please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

Can you give me the TV's serial number prefix like DS1 ,DS5 ,TH1 etc.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
DS1A1420100449

O.k then that is DS1 , be right back

Thanks for waiting

I don`t know if you had in mind to look into repairing this yourself but if so then you can get that power board at the link below for $65 , click this link ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/emerson-a3aunmpw-001-power-supply-unit.htm

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK Thank you

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Any more questions on this ?

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician