littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

I have a Hitachi P50S601 that only has the red standby light

Customer Question

I have a Hitachi P50S601 that only has the red standby light on. The remote does noting. I would like some help with checking out the power supply board. I replaced 2 100 volt 3300 uf (m) capacitors. I checked the new caps before installing them. I realized there was polarity on the capacitors and install them correctly. I have had the buffer boards out and checked them with magnifying glass and strong light. Also checked pins 2 and 6, 20 and 24, 28 and 30, and 36 and 50 for a short. The only power I can find on the power supply board is the 120 AC going in and 5.4 volts DC on the bottom three pins of connector CNPPS. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Was the light ever blinking, or was it steady on? Does the power button on the TV (not the remote) act any differently?