TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My new Vizio TV was dropped by the Dish tech who was

Customer Question
mounting it. It has...
My new Vizio TV was dropped by the Dish tech who was mounting it. It has vertical rainbow lines and no picture now. Can it be repaired? We cannot afford to buy another one and the company refuses to own up to it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/10/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up

Are there physical damages that can be seen on the TV's frame or screen ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

O.k then before i send you the phone offer .

How long exactly since you bought the tv ?

Is it under or over a year ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Two years
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In guest bedroom. Never used except when I have guest.

O.k then there is no way this could be passed under warranty .

The Dish tech. is responsible for the damages , not him personnaly but the dish company .

You did contact them on this ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The tech denied dropping the TV and Dish believes him.

I see, this is not good if he won`t admit it , sometimes just flexing the tv will do that and there is no shame in that , its just an accident.

The LCD panel is gone by the way and it would cost more to repair than buy a new one evn if you could find a panel

This is not good , how about your home insurance , would they cover that ?

I mean that you would have to change the story a bit perhaps but if you are insured for damages then perhaps it could be done that way

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Home owners sent someone out and it was dropped were the findings. They won't cover being dropped by an outside company.

I see , in that case then sorry but there not too many options here , this is not repairable , it will have to be replaced .

Wish i had a solution but it looks like they`ve been exhausted

Suing dish in small claims court would be your last attempt

No need for a lawyer on that one

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer with the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT so i get compensated for my time and note that you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.

Please note the fact that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and rating below O.K service would only penalize me for that fact.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your answer is on target. I plan to pursue Dish. I spent too much money to walk away. Thank you.

Much welcome and please do rate my answer before leaving this post

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician