TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

When turned on, only get a screen with many lines ,changing

Customer Question
When turned on, only get...
When turned on, only get a green screen with many lines ,changing to many colors
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/10/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Oliver and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, let's go through a review of the basics; have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...and then plugging back in but into another outlet?

Then determine if the described symptom would exhibit itself immediately upon plugging back in? ...or only after attempting to turn on?

And even with "...green screen...lines...changing to many colors...", is there still sound?

And as this would almost always be an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Green screen on when plugged in. There is no picture or sound -- only the green screen. nothing changes when I try to change channels, or mode (input)

Appreciate the post back Oliver.

And as posted above; ...are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?

Louie, Technician