Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I change input source on PHILIP tv model

Customer Question

How do I change input source on PHILIP tv model 32HFL54600/27 using standard remote from tv to HDMI? Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Please double check and postback with the correct model number- as the one you posted is not valid.

2) By "standard remote", do you mean the original Philips remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in motel room32HFL5460D/27
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, Hotel remotes are usually different than the original remote and do not allow you to change the Input source. Still, pulling up that model now...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I can't take a phone call.

There are two remotes for this commercial set- a green one, and a grey one.

On the green one the "AV" button near the bottom is the remote is used to change the Input.

On the grey remote the "Source" button near the top is used to change the source.

Give that a shot and let me know.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Which remote do you have please- is it green and squared off on the corners, or grey and rounded top and bottom?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a black standard remote in a motel I'm in. I hit input source and it gives me list. Then I don't know what button to hit to scroll down to HDMI
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rounded top
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

That remote isn't even listed in the manual, so it's a hotel remote. You should have arrows up down left and right to scroll through the Input options and then hit the center button to select. Anything like that on the remote?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Anything like that on the remote?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Or if you want to view the manual and see if this helps you, it is at the link below for your model:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32hfl5460d_27/32hfl5460d_27_dfu_aen.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.