Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I cannot get the CC text off my Aquos TV screen

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What is the model number off of the back of the Sharp?

2) Whom is your cable provider and what is the brand and model off of the front of the box (for example: Explorer 4340HD)?

3) Have you actually REBOOTED your cable box yet? Not by shutting it off, but by pulling it's power cord from the wall for 10 seconds and plugging it back in? If not, please give that a try and let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged it and back in. No change. It's an xfinity box with no other names in it. TV is LC 70LE857U
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, when using a cable box, the CC function is actually a native function of the box itself and not your TV. When did the function appear, were you trying to activate it or did it just randomly appear on the TV screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just randomly appeared 2 days ago
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

With the TV on, turn off just the cable box with the remote. Select "Menu" and then enable CC.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This cable box actually does not turn off with the remote
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Using the cable box remote it does not shut off??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is correct
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If so then that means you have a defective cable box, and your next step would be to contact Comcast and request they replace the box, since it does not function as it should from it's remote and the only way to disable CC is with the box off and using their remote as indicated above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It stays on 365
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been like this since they installed it 2 years ago
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

That is not normal. Your next step would be to contact Comcast and request they replace the box, since it does not function as it should from it's remote and the only way to disable CC is with the box off and using their remote as indicated above.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

They own the equipment and the steps above are right from their website. If they do not work it is Comcast's responsibility to replace the equipment. There isn't anything you can do on a user level.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
turning it off at the box won't help?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

They don't specify if that will work or not. It's worth a try. Shut the box off (leave the TV ON)- Select "Menu" and then enable CC.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't work
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Then again- you will need to contact Comcast as they OWN the equipment and the steps from their own website do not work. Simply call the number on your bill. The issue is with their box not with the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm pretty sure that these boxes don't shut off! I have another one in my bedroom and it too does not turn off by remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just figured it out. The box does not need to be off ��
Expert:  Gina King replied 1 year ago.
Hello:
I'm Gina, a moderator on JustAnswer.
I see you stated you figured it out. Would you like me to close your question for you at this time or did you still need assistance with your question?
Thank you,
Gina