Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.
1) What is the actual model number off of the back of the TV?
2) Which Roku model do you have?
Let me know when you're able to see my reply.
Thanks. Is the Roku the only HDMI source you've tried on the TV? Also did you plug the Roku in while the TV was turned ON?
Okay, I had asked if you plugged the Roku into the TV when the set was on because that is the most common cause of this issue. However please try the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off and unplug it.
2) Disconnect all HDMI cables from the TV.
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release.
4) Plug the HDMI cables back into the set.
5) Turn it on and see if you can select the HDMI ports.
So what Input is the TV stuck on now then?
The Roku? Shut it off and pull the Roku HDMI cable out of the TV. Turn it back on and let me know what the TV is doing.
Are you still with me here? If the TV responds normally after disconnecting the Roku, then you may simply have a bad HDMI cable.
Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.