Thomas
Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to answer your Television questions
62924203

I am struggling to acquire compatible (IR) 3D glasses for my

Customer Question

I am struggling to acquire compatible (IR) 3D glasses for my Panasonic PT-AE7000U projector. Several Amazon-supplier options have failed. What presently available glasses will work???
Category: TV
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

According to my research Sony's PS3 IR glasses will work. Have you tried these? http://amzn.to/2aVzQug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thomas - I had come across the tip on PS3 IR glasses and already have a pair on order. What makes the Panasonic 7000U projector so unusual for glasses?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

IR is way outdated, and its difficult to find glasses that sync with the 7000U correctly even if you have IR...the PS3 glasses have a button on the top that you hold in until they are synced.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

I see you haven't yet rated my service positively which may indicate you are not yet satisfied. Can I be of more service?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer was prompt. But had no info beyond that readily available on the web. I did find that PS3 glasses are said to work. I also found button-cell (non rechargeable) glasses that work. I want to understand why or how the protocol is different for the PT-AE7000U, sources of compatible rechargeable glasses, and / or a path to an accessory for the projector that converts it to something more contemporary-3D-friendly. So overall this justanswer experience was OK, but not worth the money.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

I get that. The original question had nothing to do with wanting to understand protocols, only what glasses would work with this model, which I found. I don't have experience with this particular model of projector. If you'd like to post that as its own question, perhaps someone here will have an answer for you! Thanks!