Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a toshiba 65 and woke up yesterday with a vertical

Customer Question

I have a toshiba 65 and woke up yesterday with a green vertical line
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just started model # 65l5400u
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugged it checked to see if it was showing on other inputs ...we had the tv for a year and a half
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Toshiba 65l5400u
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Why and what it is happening
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

Vertical line on all inputs means there is a part inside the tv that needs to be replaced, starting with the Tcon board which is about $100 (labor not included). If you are really good with tools and tiny wiring connectors then you can try to DIY with my help, just reply back for more details. Otherwise a repair shop should be consulted.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant. I am sorry for the bad news.

Let me know how else I can help and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page to show your appreciation for saving you so much time and money.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Keep in mind that an in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front, to give you the exact same diagnosis that I just provided... and they will never offer any DIY information like we do here.