Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Red light blinks 8 times, stops, then repeats. How can it be

Customer Question

Red light blinks 8 times, stops, then repeats. How can it be fixed to turn tv on?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Red light blinks 8 times, stops, then repeats. How can it be fixed to turn tv on?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Answer to my question?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: A few hours.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Disconnected power supply, disconnected all devices plugged into TV, waited 10 minutes. Plugged Tv into power. I heard a power click, but the red light resumed blinking. I then held "up" arrow and clicked TV on. Still red blinking light.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: SONY KDL-37BR6. I guess maybe 6 years old.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think I've told you all.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , a TV/AUDIO repairman with 40 years experience.
Perhaps i can help you with this , please let me know when you are ready to proceed