TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

40 inch won't turn on, Coby flat screen, unplugged, just

Customer Question
40 inch won't turn on JA...
40 inch won't turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Coby flat screen
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugged
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: just that thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/1/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.
Thanks.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't see the model # I have Cable TWC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a modem and a router

Model number is ***** info to get the related manual for troubleshooting purpose.

Please check back cover or side panel of TV for model number info.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im trying toget the model #
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't see it

OK, does power indicator light on TV lit or blink when press power button?
Also, have you tried to plug TV power cord in another wall outlet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The blue on light comes on then goes off
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello

Typing info for you, please give me few minutes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

OK, this kind of symptoms in Cony TV occurs due to failing main board and replacement of main board will help to resolve the problem. You can get replacement main board for your TV at following board supplier if you have plan to do-it-yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician