Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The vizi emblem on bottem of tv comes on but the tv itself

Customer Question

the vizi emblem on bottem of tv comes on but the tv itself does not come on
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, was there anything out of the ordinary prior to this? ...lightning, storm, power fluctuation/interruption?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No storm
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

When Off, the Vizio indicator light is what color please? ...and when attempting to turn On, it changes to what color?

And when "...tv...does not come on...", any indicator light(s) lit? ...blinking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
R u going to answer back?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I have posted request for additional indicator information; "...When Off, the Vizio indicator light is what color please? ...and when attempting to turn On, it changes to what color? And when "...tv...does not come on...", any indicator light(s) still lit? ...or blinking?..."

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light is white and it never changes when trying to turn it on
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me time to reference the repair/Service Manual and compose my reply.

The described symptom would almost always point to an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't charge me for this crap because you said satisfaction garinteed and haven't even come close
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

...merely assessing the situation and determining possible approach.

Still, my participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues.

On "... Don't charge me...satisfaction garinteed..." and other billing & payment concerns, contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions.

Good luck with the Vizio TV.