TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My samsung smart tv won't connect with internet after

Customer Question
Hi! My samsung smart...
Hi! My samsung smart tv won't connect with internet after changing my router. I get message that my auto isp failed.
JA: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?
Customer: Yes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've restarted everything multiple times and have tried manually setting isp and dns numbers based on support articles I've read.
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: How much does getting help cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/30/2016
TV Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 1 year ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Try these steps please, go to Network options in the Main Menu.

Then choose reset network settings.

For older models, follow the steps below:

Step 1: While the TV is On, press and hold the EXITbutton on the Samsung remote control for 12 seconds. The standby light should blink the entire time without interruption.

Step 2: The Factory Reset screen displays a warning message. Select OK to proceed in resetting the TV.

Step 3: After the TV completes the Factory Reset, the TV will automatically turn Off.

Step 4: Upon turning the TV On for the first time after the Factory Reset, the Plug & Play screen will appear just like when the TV was initially set up.

Then connect to the network again, press the "Menu" button on the remote. Select the "Network" option, go to "Network Type," and set it to "Wireless." On the same menu, select the "Network Setup" option, which leads to another menu that offers the ability to choose the network name. After finding the correct wireless connection, the TV requires the Wi-Fi password. On entering the right password, the system prompts the user to press the blue button. Finally, the TV attempts to connect to the network. After it makes a successful connection, the user must press "OK." Some TVs may need to be turned off and on again in order for the connection to work properly

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Did that with for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That did not work. The problem seems to be with the router, as I finally switched back to the previous router, and both tv's and computer all connect with no problem. The current router is a Netgear N750. The new one is a Netgear AC1750. I get the "cannot connect to the internet" with that one. The issue seems to be with the ISP or DNS numbers not being recognized. I don't know how to stop the assignment of numbers that don't work.
TV Technician: comp_audio, System Administrator replied 1 year ago
comp_audio
comp_audio, System Administrator

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to assist you today.

Please tell me who is your internet provider and did they supply you with your new router?

comp_audio
comp_audio
comp_audio, System Administrator