Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Mitsubishi DLP TV model # WD-60738 and the TV will

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi DLP TV model # WD-60738 and the TV will not turn on and the status light is flashing in front
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is there any pattern/sequence to the "...status light is flashing in front..."; something like 3 blinks...pause...3 blinks...pause...3 blinks...pause...

Have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...and then plug back in into a different outlet?

Once done, would the "...status light is flashing in front..." start immediately upon plugging back in? ...or only after attempting to turn on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No defined pattern, unplugged overnight and flashing green status light came back on when TV plugged back in
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

I understand.

That it immediately blinks upon plugging back in is rather significant as it would be indicative that the Mitsubishi has kicked in auto-protect mode due to an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Based on Anthony's recommendation I've ordered a new lamp already and see if that works and then go from there. I don't think that I need to go to that level yet with a multi meter and soldering iron even if I'm proficient with both.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a different expert. It appears the question is still open showing that you need help. Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Sorry, I did not realize that there was another question opened as this was a requested question.

Let me opt out as it would appear that your issue has been addressed.

Still, good luck with the Mitsubishi.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The fix that Anthony recommended by replacing the bulb did not work. Replaced the bulb with a $150 Mitsubishi bulb and it still does the same. I will have to take the TV to a technician to check it out.