TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

While off hit by a hard object. When we turned on buzzing no

Customer Question
While off hit by a...
While off hit by a hard object. When we turned on buzzing no picture only audio. Is this due to the "hit" no visible crack. Thanks
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Panasonic TH-42PX500U and no never happened before.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none. My concern was could being hit by object cause this?
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/30/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Unfortunately even though you cannot see a physical crack on the screen, when the screen buzzes with no picture, it indicates that the shock caused a pressure crack underneath the top layer of the display panel, and has cause the plasma display panel to fail. We've seen this issue dozens and dozens of times with Plasma sets, and they display panel is very fragile- not only on the top surface of the panel. The hit from an object absolutely did cause the failure and the entire plasma display panel would need to be replaced in order to fix the set unfortunately. The cost of replacing the panel is roughly 90% of the cost of the TV when new, and it is not cost effective to repair the set I'm afraid.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician