How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony_Infotech Your Own Question
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 14779
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
Type Your TV Question Here...
Anthony_Infotech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Samsung model un32eh4000f that is flickering like a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Samsung model un32eh4000f that is flickering like a strobe. All the research I have done suggest cutting a jumper on one of the inside boards. However, I can not find an exact match of which jumper to cut and I don't want to break anything further.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 3 days.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried cycling the power and adjusting the TV settings
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung model un32eh4000f and about 4 years.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That is all I can think of.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.



Cutting a jumper was on specific to one or two particular models of samsung ,so just to clarify if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu itself flickering like a strobe too please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Give me a minute to check.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

In these instances of strobing you will need to replace the power-board

You need to get the back off the set, locate the power-board by tracing power-cord to it,now take the board out by unplugging it and unscrewing it from the chassis,look on the board for the part number this will be on a sticky label or etched on the board (you may need to try different codes on the board) then initially try, if they dont have it google the partnumber only, fitting is the reverse of taking out plug and play.

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that. Thanks.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Your Welcome

Please though remember to rate the answer positively thank you before you go!