TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My remote original sharp tv remote will not sync with my tv

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/29/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Sharp TV.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sharp Aquos LC32LE653U

Appreciate the additional information.

Would the Sharp Aquos LC32LE653U turn on and operate as expected using the rear panel controls?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Back controls operate tv, hdmi, photos...etc. can turn volume up and down. Need to plug and unplug to turn off/on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cable box will turn channels but not volume

I understand.

...and the model number of the cable box please? Additionally, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

For tests purposes of "...Back controls operate tv...Need to plug and unplug to turn off/on...", can you please disconnect any and all inputs to the TV? ...and then try again turning it On/Off using the back button?

Please note which cable is connected where.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't even have cable box connected
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is only one button on back. It doesn't operate on off

Sorry Jim but I was under the impression that a cable box is connected based on "...Cable box will turn channels but not volume..."

Still, there is a partial test to confirm if the "...original sharp tv remote..." is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera.

No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.

On the otherhand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself.

Please post back results of camera test.

Click HERE.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No ...only unplugging

I understand.

Please try the camera test.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HDMI hdmi2 tv component home network
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can move between these options

Please try the camera test for the Sharp remote.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok you're not able to help. Ty anyway

Good luck with the Sharp.

Louie, Technician