TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I'm having trouble getting netflix on my tv. I has worked in

Customer Question
Hi JA: Hello. How can we...
Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I'm having trouble getting netflix on my tv. I has worked in the past but not working now. I do have a connection to the internet which I have tested and checked
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: LG DTV_32LH604V. About 2 months old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have put in a url to the internet and i can get online via the tv, so I know the network connection is working
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/28/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.
Thanks.

- Does TV show any error message when run Netflix application?

- Is your Netflix account still active and do you get Netflix video streaming through computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i get 2 error messages. UI-800-3 and NW-2-5

Thanks for the info.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the account is active and it works on the computer

OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check Netflix app?

Are the other internet applications in TV working except Netflix?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've only tested the connection to the internet, I don't use any others

Please try to run any other application such as youtube etc just to confirm that TV is getting correct data from router.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went to the bbc website and checked the weather. It was up to date

This is odd issue in TV, when did you try to unplug TV power cord and how long TV was left unplugged?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this evening and it was off for about 5 minutes

A simple power Off by pressing power button on TV remote will not work, it needs to cut off the AC supply going into TV for 10 minutes, can you try it now to disconnect TV power cord from AC wall socket?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was a hard reset not a soft reset. I will try again but for 10 minutes. Will you still be here in 10 minutes?

Sure, I'm stand by.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, I switched off the power to the tv for 10 mins. I have re-checked my connection to the internet and it is working. I still get the error when I try to connect to Netflix

OK, please open Netflix application and logout for a while, relogin and check if it is working now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I still get the error

Sorry to hear that and last possible thing is that LG server that connects your TV to Netflix server would be down for some reason/ maintenance work etc so give it a day or two and hopefully you'll get Netflix video streaming on TV through its builtin application. We have tried out all possible user level steps to resolve the issue, since other applications in TV are working that means TV is connected to internet and only possible thing is LG server that connects it Netflix wouldn't be working right now so wait couple of days and check it later.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The connection has not been working for about 2 weeks so it cannot be a temporary downtime

ah OK, yes, LG server can't be temporarily down for that long. Let me opt out to repost the question for other experts to have a look on this issue.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What version is Netflix. My TV has 2015.1.1 in the settings
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician