Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I'm having trouble getting netflix on my tv. I has worked in

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I'm having trouble getting netflix on my tv. I has worked in the past but not working now. I do have a connection to the internet which I have tested and checked
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: LG DTV_32LH604V. About 2 months old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have put in a url to the internet and i can get online via the tv, so I know the network connection is working
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.
Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

- Does TV show any error message when run Netflix application?

- Is your Netflix account still active and do you get Netflix video streaming through computer?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i get 2 error messages. UI-800-3 and NW-2-5
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the account is active and it works on the computer
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check Netflix app?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Are the other internet applications in TV working except Netflix?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I've only tested the connection to the internet, I don't use any others
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Please try to run any other application such as youtube etc just to confirm that TV is getting correct data from router.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I went to the bbc website and checked the weather. It was up to date
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

This is odd issue in TV, when did you try to unplug TV power cord and how long TV was left unplugged?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
this evening and it was off for about 5 minutes
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

A simple power Off by pressing power button on TV remote will not work, it needs to cut off the AC supply going into TV for 10 minutes, can you try it now to disconnect TV power cord from AC wall socket?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It was a hard reset not a soft reset. I will try again but for 10 minutes. Will you still be here in 10 minutes?
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Sure, I'm stand by.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi, I switched off the power to the tv for 10 mins. I have re-checked my connection to the internet and it is working. I still get the error when I try to connect to Netflix
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

OK, please open Netflix application and logout for a while, relogin and check if it is working now?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I still get the error
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Sorry to hear that and last possible thing is that LG server that connects your TV to Netflix server would be down for some reason/ maintenance work etc so give it a day or two and hopefully you'll get Netflix video streaming on TV through its builtin application. We have tried out all possible user level steps to resolve the issue, since other applications in TV are working that means TV is connected to internet and only possible thing is LG server that connects it Netflix wouldn't be working right now so wait couple of days and check it later.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The connection has not been working for about 2 weeks so it cannot be a temporary downtime
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

ah OK, yes, LG server can't be temporarily down for that long. Let me opt out to repost the question for other experts to have a look on this issue.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What version is Netflix. My TV has 2015.1.1 in the settings