Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My TV will not cut on by remote or power button and a red

Customer Question

My TV will not cut on by remote or power button and a red light is flashing on TV Timer Rec
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 12 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

Please try this:
-disconnect all audio/video wires from the tv.
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in only the tv power cord and try to turn on.

Reply back and describe what happens.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
nothing happen still the same
Expert:  Mike G. replied 12 months ago.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted but unless your tv is under warranty, I can tell you that diagnosis, parts, and labor will end up costing more than a new 35" Tv and could take a few days to weeks to get all sorted. I would strongly suggest you use the money you saved by coming here first toward a replacement tv rather than going for a repair.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but please keep in mind an in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front. Finding out whether your tv can be repaired and how much it may cost from this online chat costs a fraction of that. At least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times.

Once again I am sorry for the bad news. Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page to show your appreciation for saving you so much time and money.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 12 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?