TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Tv show screen and around the pictures what part do i need

Customer Question
tv show green screen and...
tv show green screen and green around the pictures what part do i need
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/25/2016
TV Technician: Master Fix It, Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the make and full model # ***** your TV?

Also its age?

And when did this problem with the green around the picture begin and how ?

Please be specific so I can help you effectively;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
toshiba 55G310u it been going on for a while now i want to get it straight the picture is showinh but the green bleeds in their eyes none and around the picture even in black and white

Hi thanks, ***** ***** view say the guide channel where there are words, how do they look?

Also how old is your TV?

Hi I tried to call but it says payment didn't go through yet, so once it does I will be happy to call you so we can get to the bottom of the trouble with your TV;-)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tv was made 2011

Try to accept the offer I just sent you

Maybe that will work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the green bleeds through slightly
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i just update the payments
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i just update payments you can call now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
look it seems like this is a waste of time and money

even on the letters?

If so the convergence IC's are out of sync an need to be replaced as well as their accompanying resistors.

Its not a very expensive repair but it needs to be done by someone with rework on circuit boards.

And electronic soldering ability and experience. If you have that and the tools for this I can help you get the parts and help you make the repair. Best Buy can fix this for you but it takes about two weeks to get it back, but... they are fair priced and they do great work and they warranty the repair for 1 full year;-)

I wish I had better news for you on this , I really do.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what board that is on i have experience on board level electronics i repair cash registers

The Convergence IC's, there are two of them are on the main board.

If you cant solder you can replace the main board to fix this as well;-)

The best place to get that if its still available is this site: http://support.toshiba.com/support/navShell?cf=tv_parts_distributors

I would call them on this one, when you get to the page, there are many distributors so you can try until you fins one who has the main for you;-)

Please rate at this time so I dont lose you.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
would the t-con board have anything to do with the display?

Hi not in this case.

I suspect the Ic's as the fault.

Please remember to rate at this time so I don't lose you and also its the only way I am credited for my time with you;-)

Thank you

Tech Mike

Master Fix It
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician