TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Tv down 771 comes up I need a phone number

Customer Question
for you...
tv down 771 comes up I need a phone number for you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/24/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. In order to assist, I need to ask for more info:

1) What is the model number off of the back of the TV in question?

2) How long have you owned it for and when did the issue occur?

3) Whom is the cable/SAT provider you have (DISH, Comcast, Charter, etc.)?

It sounds like you have DirecTv is that correct?

DIRECTV Error Code 771

Email

771 is an error code that indicates your receiver is having trouble communicating with your satellite dish.
As a result, your TV signal may be interrupted.

In rare instances, the signal between your dish and the satellite might be temporarily lost due to a severe storm. If you are currently experiencingheavy rain, hail, or snow, please wait for it to pass before proceeding with the steps below. In the meantime, you can still enjoy your favorite entertainment—live or On Demand—on your laptop, tablet, or cell phone.

• Stream Live TV
  • Watch On Demand movies and shows

If there are no severe weather conditions in your area and you’re seeing the 771 error on all your receivers, please call 1-***-***-**** for further assistance. If only some receivers are affected, but not all, please proceed with the steps below. You need to be home to troubleshoot.

STEP1

Your cables may be loose. Check all the connections between your receiver and the wall outlet, starting with the SAT-IN (or SATELLITE IN) connection, and make sure they're secure.

Note: If you have any adaptors connected to the cable, please check them as well.

STEP2

You may have a SWiM Power Inserter (pictured on the right) attached to the DIRECTV cable coming from your dish. Unplug it from the electrical outlet, wait for 15 seconds, and plug it back in.

Note: Do not plug in the SWiM Power Inserter to a power outlet that can be turned off.

STEP3

If you can easily see your satellite dish, check to see that there's nothing blocking the line of sight from the dish to the sky. DO NOT climb your roof. If you can’t safely remove the obstruction, please contact us to schedule a service call.

If you're still having issues, then
Please call 1-***-***-**** (DirecTv) for assistance.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician