TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Vizio e43-c2 no picture with screen

Customer Question
vizio e43-c2 no picture with...
vizio e43-c2 no picture with white screen
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/23/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, was the Vizio E43-C2 moved, cleaned or worked on prior to this symptom of "...no picture with white screen..."

And is there still sound?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
was working fine did not move, after what happened i can still change channel on cable box and i can hear audio.

I understand.

Have you tried unplugging the TV for an extended period of time? ...and then plugging back in into a different outlet?

These are the only easy user doable checks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i already tried

Then it would be indicative of aninternal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Perhaps more importantly, would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry? ...LIVE?

Great on the DIY!

Lay the TV face flat on a soft covered working table. Remove the back. Take and post back clear pictures of the circuit boards.

This would serve as a common reference.

Please click HERE.

Appreciate the pictures.

We are interested with the small circuit board with flat/wide cables. With the TV unplugged, carefully inspect these flat cables and ensure that these are inserted fully.

In most instances, it would either be a flat cable issue (least likely but still possible) or this board has failed (most likely).

Please post back how things turned up and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still the same no picture i inspect the cable and the cable is connected properly.

Then proposed approach would be to replace this circuit board; the T-CON board.

Not only would this be the simplest approach, it would also serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will replace the T-CON board.

Please inspect carefully the T-CON board as the Part Number may vary depending on revisions/versions.

The T-CON board is readily available as used, refurbished or pull-outs from 'donor' TVs.

These may be inquired from HERE and HERE among others.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay
thank you

Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept (if haven't done so).

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.

Louie, Technician