Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I am unable to use the remote to turn on/turn off or change

Customer Question

I am unable to use the remote to turn on/turn off or change channels. I started by changing batteries in the remote-no success. Then called Toshiba who suggested that it might be the remote sensor. I ordered the IR board and replaced it. Still no success. Then I ordered a new remote-still no success. Any thoughts??
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number of the set please found on the back of the set?

The remote you ordered was it a genuine replacement for the original remote or a universal?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model 26CV100U. I purchased the remote from New Remotes because I could not buy a Toshiba. I purchased one,from them 2 yrs ago for the same TV and it worked fine. They do not think it was the remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because the red light on the remote was blinking when I pointed it at the tv.....

Did you have to program the remote though?to try and get it to work?or does it just say it works right out of the box?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just works right out of the box

OK you have been really unlucky with this and you have covered all the bases including replacing the IR sensor I am assuming remote is the correct remote and the IR sensor is the correct one (ordered by part number found on the IR sensor itself), if that is the case then it leaves just the main-board which does all the processing for the signal from the remote, its very unusual for that to happen but it can happen on occasion, actually it can get damaged by the IR sensor, so your left in a position having to replace the main-board is this something you would consider?I will help you with that

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably not. I have tried to cover the bases and couldn't believe it would not work after replacing the IR and yes it was the exact same part number. Can you give me some idea as to what an estimate for the repair would be?

The board is here

http://www.shopjimmy.com/toshiba-aj000294-main-board.htm <<click

Have a look to see if you can do it, its just as easy to replace this as to replace the IR receiver

Its actually out of stock there but they are teh cheapest (they will get them in they have a facility there so they will let you know)

Let me know if you need more help

Its not an option for a tech to do this as costs will make it unviable

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is where I bought the IR sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

Your Welcome

Their really is nothing else it could be the IR sensor goes directly to that board for it to process the signal

Let me know if I can do anything else

PS please before you go remember to rate thank you

Anthony

Do you need any more help please?

Anthony