TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Vizio screen just went, It's about 7 years old, Just

Customer Question
My Vizio screen just went...
My Vizio screen just went white
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 7 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just going into the menu but it's hard to read it
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/22/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where do I find that number

There would normally be a name plate / sticker at the back. Carefully check for the model number. It would be something like E470VLE.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Vs42lfhbtv104
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Vs42lfhdtv104

Appreciate the additional information.

Was the TV moved, lifted or cleaned prior to this symptom of "...screen just went white..." ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

I understand.

Have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...and then plugging back in using a different power source / outlet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that didn't work I thought it was the contrast but it wasn't the screen is bright and white and you can barely make out the image

Again I understand.

The described symptom then would be indicative of an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry? ...LIVE!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No do you think I should repair it taken it in to a shop or should I just buy a new one

The suspected failed part/board is the T-CON (timing control) board which as its name implies control the panel. This board is available as refurbished or pull out items from 'donor' TVs. Please click HERE.

While the price of the replacement board is reasonable, it is the Service Fee that may be of a concern depending on the going rate in your location; say equivalent of 100 ~ 150 USD for in shop repair and more if home serviced.

On the other hand, newer versions / LED TVs starts from about $300. Click HERE.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Great!

Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept (if haven't done so).

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.

Louie, Technician