Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I recently spent two hours with you after I joined. It has

Customer Question

I recently spent two hours with you after I joined. It has to do with my Linksys password ***** my new tv. Your answers to my questions were confusing or telling me on my cellphone to tap it. Cannot do. I am very frustrated and hope you can make ir easier for me to get a password.
I would just like you to send me an email password ***** install my tv to your router. I am not computer savy.Bill Felts***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Bill.

It looks like your prior questions are all closed now. I'd be happy to help you, but action is required on your part. It is not possible to email you your password, no one can do that, you are the only person that has access to it for security reasons, no one else keeps track of it for you.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.