Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 42" Panasonic plasma that I bought in 2007. I had

Customer Question

I have a 42" Panasonic plasma that I bought in 2007. I had it calebrated shortly after I purchased it. After the suggested "burn in" time. The tv has served me well, however last year during the hockey playoffs I noticed a slight mist of blue following the players, it look like the trail that followed people on the LCD tv's of that era and before. Since that time i noticed the blue would be mostly at the bottom 1/3 of the tv and ONLY when there is a white back round. i have not noticed any drop off in the over all picture quality. Spring of this year i now see a yellow mist on a white back round and the blue is showing up on grey or off white back rounds too.
What is happening to my plasma? Is it losing its ability to process the colors?
Thank You, ***** ***** Shea
Category: TV
Expert:  Sam Dennis Bradley replied 1 year ago.

Thank You for the question! This is typical of the plasma panel being used up of its properties to produce a picture. The plasma gas inside is

far from being new and has deterioated causing bad picture quality.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything that can be done to fix it

No, the price of a new panel is not costwise if you could find one available.

There is no fix