Jason Jones, Customer Service
Experience:  Several years of troubleshooting.
30759776

I am getting a message that says Update Time but it won't

Customer Question

I am getting a message that says Update Time but it won't respond when I push OK.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of the device?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vizio television E420EL

Please, unplug the power to the TV, plug it back in, turn it on, and attempt to update the time once more. Is it working now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already unplugged it for 15 seconds and then turned it back on with the same result. The message says "your time or date is incorrect, and your network is not connected. Please update the time and date

What happens when you press select or menu?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I push menu in allows me to switch inputs and it has a date button but that only allows me to put in my time zone which doesn't help
are you still there?

Yes, I am still here. After you set the correct time zone, save that, and press the GUIDE button. Now the correct time will be shown. Is that working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it is stuck on the location, enter your zip code, it has my zip code but says location not found

Which zip code are you entering? If that doesn't work, try using a nearby zip code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just turned the TV off and on again and now the time seems to be set. I guess its fixed.

Awesome. I am glad to hear that. Thank you for your time today.

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:
http://JasonFixedit.com