TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I was told i needed a ballast in my toshiba 50hm67.i jut

Customer Question
replaed it .before replacing it...
i was told i needed a ballast in my toshiba 50hm67.i jut replaed it .before replacing it the amber led up front would flash 2-3 times. now its constantly on,but still not lighting the lamp?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Toshiba is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: probably 10 years old model 50hm67
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just replaced the ballast module and lamp
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no. thats it just tell him before i replaced the ballast the led flashed 3 times ,now with the new ballast it stays on,not flashing anymore
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/17/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Did you put the lamp cover back on properly?the lamp cover must be replaced before the set will start up

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
whats the lamp cover ? the lamp has 2 screws that hold it in

The lamp door\lamp cover it must be closed properly please make sure of that if its not closed you get a solid ***** *****ght

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok. i reinstalled the cover.now the led is flashing 3 times again

And that is the yellow light blinking 3?

If so unplug the set from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again let me know if their is any change

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

Yes let me know the results of that thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i now have a blue lite and the amber led is flashing once every second. if i push the power button, then i see (2) green leds

The green LED s may indicate the set is ON if you press the MENU button of the sets own remote does the menu come up?

The blue and amber means the lamp is waiting to be lit

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried pushing the menu .now i have a solid amber led and 2 flashed red leds.

The lamp is not lighting where did you get this lamp from please and for what price?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
from an online store .its new .i also tried my old lamp.it worked a few days ago,but when i turned offthe tv,it would not power on again,just the 3 times flashing amber led. this is why i got a new bulb and ballast module

Could you let me know where and for what price please?I will then explain if I have to

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
global parts distribution

And the price also important?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
$60

The 3 blinking yellow is the main-board is not booting however it could be locked up because of all the trouble with not lighting the lamp so when you rebooted the set that should have unlocked it, the thing is the fault is still there and its the lamp not lighting, you have replaced the lamp and ballast (a complete thorough job) however you have fitted a copy lamp and these lamps are simply no good we have endless trouble with them either behaving like this from the go OR failing weeks or months down the line, you need to fit an OEM original lamp and you can get one of those from www.dlplampsource.com <<click, they only sell original manuf lamps.

Let me know your thoughts or if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i put my original lamp back in. same problem,its only a year old

When you say same problem do you mean 3 blinking yellow?what do you get with the original lamp

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I put the oem lamp back in.your previous info was wrong.green leds is standby.blue is power on.i was turning tv off based on ur info. it's now working like it should but most likely it will not turn back on every time.which is why I bought the new parts.i assume my lamp is good because it's working right now? Have you seen intermittent lamps?

Yes your right on blue, standby is not even in the service data,yes a lamp can be intermittent but if the lamp fails intermittently you get yellow solid red blinking however it is also possible to get blue ON yellow blinking for intermittency so yes as I say we only use genuine OEM lamps copies are no use in this

I just replied above

A positive rating is appreciated thank you note question is open for 30 days

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks but you have not solved my problem. I don't want to buy another lamp and have the same intermittent problem.i was hoping for an answer that will fix the issue.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also I never heard an arcing noise like the ballast was trying to power a bad bulb.

Its not possible to move on until you fit a genuine lamp in that set that is the way it is sorry its not what you want to hear but I nor anyone else can change that fact , solving problems boils down to taking measures to do that again that is the way it is

If you have a ballast issue the lights will tell me I have dismissed that because you said you replaced it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was flashing amber 3 times this morning. It will still do it sometimes. But right now it's working .how does it flash if the bulk is bad? If the ballast is bad?

OK let me explain that 3 yellow blink code that means BEFORE the set even thinks about lighting the lamp that the set is not booting up, rather like a laptop wont boot up sometimes, that is what that 3 blinks means so its not even getting into a position were it knows its ON (blue light) so it could have a main-board issue however it could also be caused by confusion on the main-board because of the problems you are having with the light engine (lamp\ballast) now you said you replaced the ballast so I have dismissed this, that is a board in the set that fires the lamp

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician