Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I'm just now reading about Directv and Netflix. Looks like a

Customer Question

I'm just now reading about Directv and Netflix. Looks like a no go.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I'm just now trying it. Three years ago my daughter connected me through Wii, but I no longer hve
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: LG circa 2007 Model 30FS4D
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just turned the computer on, so nothing else yet. I did see an area that says HDMI
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, You're correct in that DirecTv and your 2007 LG do not support Netflix. In order to receive Netflix on the set you need additional equipment. The most cost effective method to do this is with a Roku 1 box- since it is the ONLY streaming device that will support your legacy CRT TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The Roku 1 has analog connections that will be compatible with your LG 30" CRT TV and will allow streaming of Netflix onto the set. The Roku 1 can be purchased at the link below:

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-1

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to try to hook it up through my laptop
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You can't hook your laptop up to this older TV, so that won't work. The Roku is the only available device to get this older CRT (tube) TV to connect to Netflix.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The set lacks a 15 pin HD jack for connection to a laptop. The HDMI may work but you will need to set your resolution on the laptop to it's 720P setting and also pay for a subscription to Netflix and view on the laptop to get the signal sent to the TV. A Roku 1 costs $50 and connects to the TV directly allowing it to display Netflix without having to have the laptop tethered to the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

So if you're set on using the laptop (which will not give you a remote for play/pause/ and selection of movies- meaning the laptop would need to be in your lap at all times for these functions), then an HDMI cable and an audio cable from the laptop would be needed in lieu of the Roku I linked to above. Either way will work, so it's up to you.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.