TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have connected a Sylvania DVD VCR to my tv. Sometimes when

Customer Question
I have connected a Sylvania...
I have connected a Sylvania DVD VCR to my tv. Sometimes when I input this source everything works, but more often message on screen is not connected.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/15/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Have you re-booted both the combi and the TV by unplugging both from wall-power waiting 5 mins then re-plugging back in again?if not please do that and let me know the results thank you

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done this. Still says source not connected

What inputs are you using please?is it red\white\yellow?RCA

I do not suspect the TV for that its very rare to get a composite video issue like this because its analogue, so suspicion is with the combi however does the combi have component that is red\green\blue out?and more importantly does the TV have red\green\blue in (component in)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to use the red/white/yellow ones because I am using a audio video selector switch because I also have a WII game connected to it. The only inputs on the elector switch are red/white/yellow. The WII is working perfectly. When I pull up my sources for these devices on the tv screen, the game one is lit up , but the DVD VCR one is not lit up.

To rule out the selector box you will need to go direct to the TV with the combi if it works OK that way then their is a problem with the selector I am afraid

Anthony

If this answers your question could you please rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page if you need more help let me know

Regards

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay. Just did that and still have the same problem.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Besides, my selector switch is new.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorrow. You have not helped me.

It does not matter if its new their may be a problem with the switching the TV may not want it that way their could be impedance losses through the switch so if you did go direct and have the same issue then that leaves either the TV or the combi and to be honest its very rare to get a switching issue or problem with composite red\white \yellow so did you go direct ?

Their is never any gaurantee a switch box will work effectively, you may need to try another type

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess we are finished, but I don't want to see any charge on my credit card for this because you have not helped me at all

Help is how you see it if you dont see it well then I have not helped you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess I will just have to find another source for help. So NO charge for all this time wasted?
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician