TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My tv has no media decvicw on the screen and I can't get it

Customer Question
to do anything JA: What's the...
my tv has no media decvicw on the screen and I can't get it to do anything
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: element ELEFW195. only a couple of months
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: don't know much about that
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/15/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does TV show any message on screen?

- If so, what does show up?

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no media device

OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

If message still appears on screen, plug a USB memory stick in TV to see if it recognize it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will try that

OK, take your time and reply back with the result to proceed further.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is a memory stick?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you there?

It also known as USB thumb drive, click following link to view a sample USB memory stick/ thumb drive..

http://prosoniccanada.com/681/usb-memory-stick-8gb.jpg

http://www.bombayharbor.com/productImage/0770650001262006939/Usb_Memory_Stick_Usb_Disk_Usb_Stick.jpg

Yes, I'm here and it takes little time to type the reply.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have one

OK, plug any smart phone or digital camera in USB port of TV, it is a test/ attempt to see how TV reacts when connect a device into USB input of TV.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have an Iphone and no camera

OK, try to connect iPhone.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
doesn't work

OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord?

OK< give me 5 minutes as I'm typing answer for you.

Thanks Sheila for helping me in troubleshooting, it seems TV firmware has got an internal error due to failing EEPROM chip mounted on main board, firmware has stuck on USB input due to internal issue and there are two options to fix te problem, either replace EEPROM chip mounted on main board of TV (it needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise) or swap entire main board of TV, please check following board supplier ink to get required EEPROM chip/ Main Board if you have plan to do-it-yourself, both parts are available...

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=ELEFW195

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can I return it to the store?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's not very old at all

Yes, if TV is under warranty the yes, you can return it to store to get replacement TV.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this was a waste of my money!

I'm sorry about it but I'm unable to replace EEPROM chip or main board in your TV from here through internet as this kind of work needs real hands on TV and I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

Thanks.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician