Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Would you please tell me what the full charge is to get help

Customer Question

Would you please tell me what the full charge is to get help programming the remote that came with my tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me the make/model of the remote, and the problem you are having with it?
The cost should have been shown on the payment page when signing up, and also on the account/history link at the top of the page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic remote, model # ***** 2009 Panasonic TV model # ***** I don't have the codes or instructions of how to program remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would be THRILLED to be able to sit and watch tv w/o having to jump up every 5 minutes to adjust the volume etc.
Christine ***
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information,

the remote that came with that tv is a very basic tv only remote, it is preprogrammed from the factory to operate your tv model only. It is not capable of operating any other devices, and does not require any programming of any kind.

If the remote is not operating the tv, you would first change the batteries. If that does not help, it points to a defective remote or faulty sensor in the tv

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the tv remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. If you do, then the remote is functional. If you do not, then the remote is bad and would need to be replaced.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan:
If remote is bad, would you be able to tell me how to program an RCA universal remote to go with that Panasonic TV? I have no instructions or codes. RCA model # ***** (R2565-1 3R15CX--I don't know what these #s are...)
Christine
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I can try, but honestly I wouldn't recommend it. Those rca remotes are very poor quality and won't work well, you might get power and volume, but it wont do the menus or other functions. You could buy a brand new original panasonic remote very inexpensively, here: http://amzn.to/29W4CjT

that remote is under $15 on amazon, with free shipping.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just bought that RCA remote about 6 mos. ago. Okay....I will buy a panasonic at Amazon. I hope it comes with the instructions!! Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

No instructions needed, just batteries and it should work right out of the box

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan:
I did answer your message. I am awaiting the new remote from Amazon. I assume that it will have the proper codes and steps to follow to use the remote. Thank you for your help and have a great one!!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome, and feel free to get back in touch if you need more info after you get it.